SHE Consultancy Services Company was established by:
Mr. Chan Kim Yam, who has more than 30 years of experience in safety, health and environmental management, and he has also acquired more than 17 years of knowledge and experience in occupational health and hygiene, and in industrial hygiene practices, when he was employed in the Ministry of Labour, Department of Industrial Health (DIH), as a Senior Industrial Hygiene Officer.
During the 17 years in DIH, he was involved in the following activities:
- Inspected numerous factories to ensure that the industrial hygiene requirements required by the various legislations were fully complied with.
- Conducted industrial hygiene monitoring and surveillance for all selected high risk factories.
- Conducted accident investigations involving industrial hygiene hazards; such as confined space, chemical, asbestos, dust, heat stress, noise hazards and etc.
- Provided consultancy to the industry on industrial hygiene matters.
- Enforcement of the legislations related to industrial health and hygiene.
After leaving MOL, Mr Chan went on to join Keppel Integrated Engineering (KIE) as an EHS Manager and was placed in charge of the company’s various business units, both locally and abroad. The company’s overseas business units span from Vietnam, Hong Kong SAR, China, The United Kingdom, Qatar, and Austria.
During the 14 years in KIE, he established the company’s Safety Management System (SMS), and procedures for the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems. The SMS and procedures were designed and implemented for the following diverse operations of the company:
- Plant construction,
- Facilities and plant operation and maintenance,
- Mainer services,
- Leasing services,
- Solid waste treatment,
- Waste water treatment,
- Mass rapid transport system,
- District heating and cooling system and etc.
Ms Jennifer Tan Hwee Neo, who has more than 10 years working in the area of Environment, Health and Safety Management. She is a Chemical Engineer by training and started out as an Environmental Engineering in a semiconductor manufacturing plant. She has since acquired skills in the areas of Quality and Occupational Health and Safety Management. She is also a proficient Occupational Health and Safety auditor registered with the Ministry of Manpower as well as the International Register of Certificated Auditors. She is passionate about environmental matters and is an associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment. She believes in providing her clients with value-added services with emphasis on basic fundamentals and practicality. Through her work, she hopes that everyone will appreciate the notion of sustainability in terms of business, the environment and the value of human lives.
The table below lists the various industrial sectors that she has been involved as a consultant:
- Chemical process,
- Semiconductors and electronics,
- Water and solid wastes recycling,
- Logistics, warehousing and trading,
- Food and beverage,
- Educational institute, and
- Government agency and hospital.